Saturday, April 25, 2009

So why am I blogging again?

Mainly because just as I thought life would settle down a little, the Big Kahuna decided to shat on me once again. *waits for Big Kahuna to smite me for calling Him Big Kahuna* Avoiding Eye Contact

After feeling unwell for a while, I headed back to Dr Why Bother for a flu shot and review of an earlier x-ray.

Symptoms were varied including many I hadn't mentioned to Coparent:
  • Reflux. BAD
  • Stomach pain - like I'd found that sharp knife I'd lost. In. my. stomach.
  • Inability to swallow - mainly at night. There's nothing quite like rolling over for a swig of a drink and being unable to swallow it.
  • Weird full feeling in chest including slightly funky back pain
Long story shot is Dr Why Bother refused to provide the flu shot. Rude. And said I had to present to the local hospital's ED (forevermore known as Likely to Kill You Hospital).

I smiled and nodded but knew I would rather crawl on broken glass than present to Likely to Kill You Hospital.

With Coparent's help, I made an appointment with Dr I'm-a-Racist-but-ok-in-a-pinch who promptly sent me for bloods, urine test and a CT scan. Eek! Interestingly the results from Dr Racist revealed:

I have a large incarcerated hiatus hernia. No, it's not exactly in jail but basically half of my stomach is stuck up in my chest behind my heart. Clearly it couldn't find the GPS one day and just got lost while wandering.

I have an incisional hernia down below. Yeah, the two surgeries done a couple of years ago by Dr Damn Nice haven't quite taken. NOT IMPRESSED.

I have a large cyst on my ovary. Yippee! This organ finally gets to rest and chucks a wobbly!

I have a boney 'growth' off my pubic bone. Most probably benign although they usually continue to grow and as I'm kinda attached to my bladder working these days, it will need attention.

Cysts on my kidneys. Apparently usually normal but hey, they just add to the fun!

Upshot is I will need surgery again. At least one, possibly more.

Monday I got for an ultrasound to suss out the ovary and pubic bone and Friday I meet up with Dr Damn Nice yet again. He'd better be nice - at this stage two surgeries have failed and I'm most likely going to let him do a third and therefore he'll accept another housepayment or two from me.

So yeah, I'm blogging again. I figure it's cheaper than therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment