Thursday, February 18, 2010

MI

Mental Illness sucks.

Being so ill that you start thinking 'gee, if I was dead, I wouldn't have to worry about what to do about work' and viewing that as a positive . . .well that sucks.

I'm getting help.

I've seen a GP. Dr Racist. Yeah, I know. But when you're mid meltdown, almost any GP will do. He thinks my Depression score is too high and I'm catastrophising. He doesn't believe I'm that depressed. Damn. And I actually minimised some answers.

I have new meds - Pristiq and Lexotan. After two weeks they've pretty much achieved . . .nothing.

I have a new psychologist (aka LD). I've seen her twice. We have a long way to go.

I tried to resign my job and achieved . . .almost nothing. My boss wouldn't accept it. She wants me to wait until the meds work, think clearly and come back. So I'm on leave.

Personally I can't see myself ever teaching anyone else's children ever again.

But I'm still here.

2 comments:

  1. I for one am glad to see you. Think of you often.

    Can you switch GP's now? Get rid of dickhead and go to another more supportive doctor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the most wonderful GP in all of Australia (Dr S). She's just so damn good that I can never get an appointment with her :(. Dr Racist was the only one there when I had been crying for four hours and couldn't stop so I've been stuck with him. I think I'll try and change over to get the meds reviewed. Dr S knows me a lot better. And she's not racist which is a bonus ;). Thanks for thinking of me MM.

    ReplyDelete